Thursday, April 15, 2010

Geography School Assemblies


I've been presenting a geography based program for elementary school students for the past 3 years now. It is a popular program, and I do notice that schools are taking notice of the need for things like this. In the US, the average student can't locate Florida on a map. Many can't point to France, or tell the difference between Europe and Asia. And merely locating places on a map is only a part of learning about geography. There is the history of the people, the industry, the agriculture -- basically everything that defines an area.

Schools are doing a better job teaching these things in recent years. That's why I put my "Clue Into Your World" program together. I wanted a fun way to emphasize the vastness of the world we live on. Kids need to understand that there is a rich history beneath every square inch of earth that's been trod upon.

No comments: