Wednesday, July 16, 2014

There's No Business Like Show Business . . .

The summer months are by far my busiest season. I'm out performing shows just about every day of the week -- sometimes two, three or four show in a single day. I might leave at 5:30 A.M. to travel to the middle of Wisconsin or Illinois, set up my show at a library or a summer camp and be ready to perform at 10:00. Then, I'll pack it all up and head down the road to the next location to do it all over again.  Libraries, day camps, child care centers, birthday parties, company picnics, festivals -- and the list goes on. There are so many opportunities to entertain families in the summer.

I used to be a Technical Writer. In fact that was my job for over 10 years. It was interesting. It was certainly good work -- work which I enjoyed. But, in the end, it was not a passion. It was a job. What I do now is a passion. I love everything about being an entertainer -- meeting great people, making them laugh and ooh and ahh, getting the chance to be silly with a bunch of children in the morning and then have just as much fun entertaining an audience of adults that same night. As the song goes "There's no business like show business, like no business I know!"  If you see me at one of my shows this summer, be sure to say hi. I love meeting people like you.  Enjoy the summer!!!!!!

No comments: