Thursday, July 12, 2012

Call Early for a Fun Magic Show at Your Party

Wow, what a summer of magic. I've been doing more shows than ever in the Milwaukee metro area this year.  But I do travel around. This weekend I'll be down in Chicago performing for a private party. (One of several shows this weekend). Which brings up an interesting problem. .  . I just don't have enough time in the day to do all the shows I'm being asked to do. Milwaukee for one show, Brookfield for the next, followed by a trip to Mequon.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good problem for me -- not for those who wait to long to call me though.

I do shows all week long. Schools, libraries, company luncheons, banquets. In the summer, those increase with day camps, day cares, and other child-centered daytime entertainment. These shows are usually booked months in advance. So, when the call comes in for a "last minute" show, sometimes I have to disappoint a customer because I'm already booked solid. I've had some people change a party time or even the party date in order to get 'Great Scott'. While I'm flattered by this, I always feel better when things fall into place early.  The earlier you call, the easier it is to make the schedule work.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still work hard to fit someone in -- even if the call comes in last minute. Things happen, and I do my best to accommodate every request. But I'm only one man. And I can only drive so fast (legally). Hmm, I wonder if that cloning thing would help . . . 

No comments: