Friday, May 4, 2012

Back From School


I just got back from performing an end-of-year program at an elementary school. This is an annual event where the grandparents are invited in to enjoy the day with their grandchildren. The age was Kindergarten through 2nd grade. And I had a blast. This is such a fun age. They love getting silly and just having fun. Plus the grandparents love watching the kids laugh and enjoy themselves. It made my day.

Topping off the experience, the organizer asked me to come back again next year. I love it when that happens. It means I did my job well and my work here is not finished! (If I dare call what I do --work). As the saying goes "love what you do, and you'll never work a day in your life." I truly love what I do for a living.

There's work to be done for sure though. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my summer reading program that launches in June in libraries all over Wisconsin and Illinois. If your library needs a fun program why not visit my website to see what's happening. This year we'll be Dreaming Big!!

No comments: