Wednesday, May 2, 2012

End of Year School Shows


Here we are with only 5 weeks left in the school year. The trees are filled out; the flowers are up; the lawn needs mowing -- again! Plus, my son is finishing his first year of high school. Where did the time go?

Soon summer will be full upon us. Though this year we've already had a taste of that weather--and I like it. In the mean time, I've been busy during the week days performing programs in elementary schools around Wisconsin and Illinois. Most of these are educational programs presented in a fun way. However, when the end of the year comes, a lot of schools just want to give the children something to merely enjoy. Sort of a congratulations on a year filled with hard work and learning.

These are fun -- can you tell I like to have fun? I do. The educational programs are fun as well, but they require a certain balance of laughter with the serious imparting of core educational content. However, at the end of the year, I  get asked by many schools to just entertain the kids.  So, in May and June I do quite a few just-for-fun magic shows in elementary schools. These shows are my unique combination of magic, ventriloquism and puppets along with lots of audience participation. We will laugh, and it will be amazing. The children will enjoy every minute -- actually, I will too. It's a great way to wrap up the year. Who knows, I might be coming to your school. If not, you can always call and ask.

No comments: