Sunday, August 5, 2012

Magic in Racine was Hot Hot Hot

This past weekend was great, as usual. While Sunday was a beautiful day -- almost perfect, Saturday was a bit hot and muggy, as usual this year. Of course I took note of it because I performed outside for most of the afternoon. One of the 'gigs' I had was for a large company picnic down in Racine. The picnic was well attended. I would estimate 500 - 600 people. Wonderful people I might add.

I strolled around the grounds and performed closeup magic for as many as I could. But this company really knew how to throw a party. There were bounce houses, clowns, face painters and even a climbing wall. Oh, and there was this great magician as well (wink). What caught my attention most was the talent they had on their stage. In addition to the stage show I presented, there were several bands and solo performers who were employees or family of employees. Some really wonderful acts -- all volunteer!  One girl named Sydney Manning played a few songs from an album she recorded. Great stuff!

It was a hot and steamy day in Racine for magic. And I loved every minute of it. I ended the day in Shorewood, performing inside of  a Culver's. That was different--but it worked out wonderfully. The manager was celebrating a store anniversary -- also with a balloon artist and a face painter. Plus he had the fire department and police there to display equipment and talk to the public. It was a great event. That's a manager thinking outside the box. I think his customers really enjoyed the whole experience. As did I. Even if I ended up loading everything into my SUV in drizzling rain. It was a great day for Great Scott.

 ---------------------------------------------------------
 Visit Great Scott's website to see more.

No comments: